Saturday, August 21, 2010
The Borrowers Arrietty Soundtrack 
It is a reality for all Japanese (with luck) to see The Borrowers Arrietty (Karigurashi not Arrietty / 借り ぐらし の アリエッティ) in Japanese theaters on its open day with several challenges ahead, including Hiromasa Yonebayashi devote to the future as a director in the studio, keeping large numbers of recovery in recent years have accompanied all Ghibli productions and, most important for us fans: Get to a good movie.
Two long years have passed since it was released in their country of origin Ponyo on the cliff, the latest film from Studio Ghibli so far. The little girl-fish left behind to make way for the teenager but tiny Arrietty.
The film is based on the 1952 novel The Borrowers by Mary Norton, although it is an adaptation "very free" (something quite common in Ghibli). In fact, the original novel set in England in the 50s while the Yonebayashi Hiromasa film moves to modern Japan, particularly on the outskirts of Tokyo, on a secluded country house in Koganei.
Sho is a 12 year old patient who his parents decide to move for a while the quiet of the countryside. For this he is sent to live with her aunt Sadako and the curious charge of cleaning this, Haru. Sho has no idea what is under the house lives a family of tiny creatures found between the young Arrietty of 14 years.
These beings, human looking but only 10 centimeters tall, are dedicated to "borrow" the objects that humans have scattered around. Any object of little value to them is very useful. Whether a clothespin, a needle, a napkin ...
However, in a clandestine trips to get valuable ago Arrietty material is discovered by Sho. The curiosity of it by Arrietty is inevitable and slowly begin to approach their world despite the great differences between them.
Borrowers Arrietty is headed by Hiromasa Yonebayashi, with only 37 years old is the youngest director who has directed a film by Studio Ghibli. The script is done by Hayao Miyazaki with the assistance of Keiko Miwa (Tales from Earthsea). Miyazaki himself is responsible for planning the project, which has undoubtedly served as a safety net for the beginner Yonebayashi.
According to producer Toshio Suzuki, Hayao Miyazaki thought this the right time in the history since the time of crisis we deserved to show an importance in respect to objects and being able to be provided instead of continually buying new acquisitions.
This a bit scare me when I think Hayao Miyazaki will not make any film under his name. All his friends at this age shall be retire or pass away.... But his film still the best right.
Cécile Corbel given her string talent and angel voice to perform a lovely soundtrack.
01. The Neglected Garden(荒れた庭)
02. Our House Below-Movie Version(床下の我が家)
03. Our House Below-Instrumental Version(床下の我が家)
04. The Doll House-Instrumental Version(ドールハウス)
05. Sho’s Lament-instrumental Version1(翔の悲しみ)
06. Arrietty’s Song-instrumental Version(Arrietty’s Song)
07. The Neglected Garden-Instrumental Version(荒れた庭)
08. Sho’s Waltz(翔のワルツ)
09. Spiller-Instrumental Version(スピラー)
10. Rain-Instrumental Version(雨)
11. The Wild Waltz(ザ・ワイルド・ワルツ)
12. Sho’s Lament-Instrumental Version2(翔の悲しみ)
13. Au Uneasy Feeling(不安な気持ち)
14. With you(あなたと共に)
15. The House is in Silence(静寂の屋敷)
16. Sho’s Song-Instrumental Version(翔の歌)
17. Precious Memories(大切な思い出)
18. Goodbye My Friend-Instrumental(グッバイ・マイ・フレンド)
19. I Will Never Forget You(あなたを决して忘れない)
20. 主题歌Arrietty’s Song(Arrietty’s Song)
21. ボーナストラックTears in My Eyes(仆の涙)
22. ボーナストラックGoodbye My Friend(グッバイ・マイ・フレンド)