Steve McQueen’s erotic drama premiered at the Venice Film Festival, where Fassbender won the Best Actor award. It was also show at the Toronto Film Festival, and acquired by Fox Searchlight.
Shame is the story of sex-addict Brandon Sullivan (Michael Fassbender) and the events that follow when his younger sister (Carey Mulligan) comes to live with him out of the blue, thus the life-style he lead becomes a problem.
Additional cast include Lucy Walters, Mari-Ange Ramirez, James Badge Dale, Nicole Beharie, Alex Manette, Hannah Ware, Elizabeth Masucci.
The film released into theaters on December 2nd, 2011. If you’re over 17, make sure you don’t miss it.
For the original music, McQueen turned to Harry Escott, a young London-based composer best known for the original scores for Hard Candy, A Mighty Heart, Deep Water, and Shifty. Escott's compositions focus on the potential for music to function as a storyteller with the ability to convey meaning and emotion. However, this soundtrack includes much more, adding in powerful tracks from a variety of genres: from classical to rock and blues.
01. Brandon (Harry Escott) [08:27]
02. Goldberg Variations; BWV 988: Aria (Glenn Gould) [03:05]
03. Genius Of Love (Tom Tom Club) [03:26]
04. Rapture (Blondie) [05:32]
05. I Want Your Love (Chic) [06:54]
06. My Favorite Things (John Coltrane) [13:39]
07. New York, New York "Theme" (Carey Mulligan;Liz Caplan) [04:56]
08. Let's Get Lost (Chet Baker) [03:41]
09. Prelude & Fugue No. 10 In E Minor, BWV 855: Prelude (Glenn Gould) [02:50]
10. Goldberg Variations, BWV 988: Variation 15 A 1 Clav. Canone Alla Quinta. Andante (1981 Version) (Glenn Gould) [05:01]
11. Unravelling (Harry Escott) [09:35]
12. You Can't Be Beat (Howlin' Wolf) [03:05]
13. The Problem (Mark Louque) [05:14]
14. Prelude & Fugue No. 16 In G Minor, BWV 885: Praeludium (Glenn Gould) [03:10]
15. End Credits (Harry Escott) [01:45]Enjoy